Expertise and Decision making in the High Stakes Environment
Expertise and Decision Making in the High Stakes Environment
This course is designed to understand how Experts make intuitive decisions in time critical high stakes settings. It aims to help understand how decisions are made in these settings, and empowers the decision maker to mitigate against poor outcomes resulting from ineffective decision making.
This course is available and applicable to anyone or any team working in a time critical and high stakes environment: Medical, Emergency Response Services, Armed forces, Finance, Law.
We are able to work with course commissioners to develop a training day that meets their needs, requirements and specific work related contexts.
- Understanding Expertise
- Introduction to different decision making styles
- Understanding how the brain works in High Stakes Setting—Intuitive Decision Making
- Understanding how your mental architecture can work against intuitive decision making: Cognitive Biases
- Recognizing pitfalls in Intuitive Decision making
- Improving Decision making by providing a decision making framework in High stakes environment
We employ a multimodal educational method on this course— which will include:
- Brainstorming breakout sessions
- Small group discussions
- Abstract games and debrief
- Simulation and debrief
- Interactive lectures
Consultant Anaesthetist and Educator
Booking a session
We provide bespoke sessions and scheduled events. Get in touch to discuss how we can support your organisation.